Kansas Unemployment

You can file for Kansas Unemployment benefits claim online or over the phone.

Information Required to File your new Claim

When you file a new claim, you must:

-Have your Social Security number
-Complete mailing address and PO Box if applicable
-Have a daytime phone number
-Name and mailing address of all employers in the last 18 months
-Date you began and finished working for each employer and reason you departed
-Your driver’s license number
-If not a US citizen your employment authorization number and expiration date
-If you were in active military duty the past 18 months, you need to show your DD-214, Member #4 form
-If you were a federal employee, your Standard Form SF-50 or pay stub

After verifying your identity, you can start filing your claim again from where you left off. A record of your claim will not be acknowledged unless you are informed that your claim has been accepted. If you are not able to complete your claim application, the information you have provided will be saved for 14 days from the date you initiated filing your claim, so that you can finish it later and within 14 days.